Happiness is important.
Sometimes life can run away with you. Seconds run into minutes. Minutes run into hours. Hours run into days.
Time has gone by and you haven’t been able to sit back and appreciate the wonder of the world around you.
My history of long-term depression means it is important that I take time to acknowledge the little things in life that make me happy. The moments that put a smile on my face. That is why this blog was born. As a permanent reminder, of the joy of life.
50 things that make me happy
1. My daughter’s giggle.
2. Days out with my favourite man and favourite lady.
3. Afternoon tea with my best friend.
4. Seeing a fabulous musical with my other best friend.
5. Snuggling on the sofa and watching a movie with Mr H.
6. Holding Little Miss H’s hand when we go for a walk.
7. The seaside and paddling in the sea. Even if the water is freezing.
9. Mr H. All the time.
10. Spending time with family.
11. Visiting London Zoo.
12. Baking. Especially if it involves chocolate.
13. The amazing work performed by charities.
14. My blog.
15. My nieces and nephew. And watching them play with their little cousin.
16. Going out dancing with friends.
17. The most amazing group of yummy mummy friends.
18. My blogging friends.
19. A long warm bubble bath. Preferably accompanied by a good book, some chocolate and a glass of wine.
20. Watching geeky TV. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly how I love and miss thee.
21. Listening to Mr H sing and play his guitar. Especially when he is singing one of his own beautiful songs.
22. Little Miss H’s gorgeous blue eyes.
23. Dancing and singing along to National Express by The Divine Comedy.
25. Settling down for an early night with a cup of decaf tea and a good book.
26. Painting my nails and wearing bright lipsticks.
28. Watching Lisa Eldridge videos. Girl crush!
29. Writing notes in beautiful and colourful notebooks.
30. Wearing a dress, with thick opaque tights and ankle boots.
31. Snuggling down in bed with a hot water bottle and hearing the rain and wind outside the window.
32. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
33. Watching the developing relationship between Little Miss H and Mr H. There is no love stronger.
34. Afternoon naps on the sofa wrapped in blankets with my baby girl.
35. Painting or doing other messy play with Little Miss.
36. Seeing how much Little Miss H’s Grandparents adore her.
37. Little Miss H’s cuddles and kisses.
38. Watching Little Miss H give her favourite toys cuddles and kisses.
39. The way Little Miss H greets me in the morning. She always says a huge “hello”. Then she introduces me to her favourite toys. It’s Kwazii. It’s Maxi. It’s Tigger. This is quickly followed by the order out as she demands to be lifted out of her cot.
40. Date nights with Mr H.
41. Lunch dates with Little Miss H.
42. Going to the cinema.
43. Going for long walks in the autumn. Followed by a warm cup of tea when we get home.
45. Orange and yellow roses.
46. Tea and cake. At anytime.
47. Watching Disney films with Little Miss H. Especially Tangled, Frozen or The Little Mermaid.
48. Receiving unconditional love.
49. Giving unconditional love.
50. Being a wife and mummy.
I now tag:
Lisa at Mummascribbles
Heledd at Running in Lavender
Kerri-Ann at Life as our little family
Katy at What Katy Said
Jenna at Tinyfootsteps
Ali at MyLife MyLove
Becky at 3 Princesses and 1 Dude!
I would love to hear all about the 50 things that make you happy.
What do you think of my list? Would you have included any of these?