Little Miss H and I spent a rainy morning this week watching Despicable Me 2 on Netflix. It is a fabulous film and of course it features THAT Pharrell Williams song. And, I am sorry, but that song does put a smile on my face and it makes me want to dance.
“Because I’m happy…clap along if you know what happiness is to you….”
Listening to this line made me realise that happiness isn’t always easy to come by. Sometimes you have to work hard at creating your happiness. Or at least, you need to make an effort to see that every day contains moments of happiness. Even if they are fleeting.
To be honest, I have been struggling to find my happy since I had my third miscarriage back in November. I am not depressed. In fact, my mental health is pretty good. I just don’t feel as happy as I could be and life has been tough.
I want to try to take steps to address this. And over the next few weeks and months I am going to be writing about some changes that I plan to make to help me become a happier and super charged Lucy!
And I am making a start with this post.
This blog was originally created so I could document the things in my life that brought a smile to my face. I need to start doing this again. Each Friday, I am going to share moments of the past week that have made me happy.
Because despite my depression I am generally a very happy and smiley person. I just need reminding of this sometimes.
Because I’m happy – week 1
This is what has made me happy this week:
- Eating malteser waffles with Little Miss H.
- Ticking lots of jobs off my moving house to-do list. I actually feel organised and on top of everything.
- Re-discovering my blog mojo and writing a number of posts.
- Listening to the storms outside whilst being warm, cosy and dry inside.
- Snuggling in a cool den with Little Miss H.
- Watching the amazing Season 4 finale of Once Upon A Time. OMG!
- Discovering the programme Suits. It has filled the gaping TV shaped void in my life left by the end of Once Upon A Time.
- Having a run around the Rochester Castle Gardens.
- Evenings on the sofa, chatting to Mr H, drinking wine and watching TV.
- Homemade burgers.
- Homemade chocolate biscuits.
- The arrival of the boxes that we are going to use to pack for the move.
- Watching Little Miss H play in the park with other children. She is so friendly and independent.
- Being asked by NSPCC to #TalkPANTS and share the NSPCC Underwear Rule.
- Little Miss H saying “fist bump” and then putting her fist up to do an exploding fist bump.
- Dancing with Little Miss H.
- Arranging a date night with Mr H for next week.
- Having a wonderful husband who will come straight home from work to look after Little Miss H and I when I am ill.
- A lunch date with some of the ladies from my NCT group and their children.
- A sunny afternoon out at Upnor Castle.