When I originally began to write this blog it was as a form of therapy. My chronic depression and anxiety had relapsed and I’d been signed off sick for three months. I was seeing a therapist and she suggested that I start writing a blog about the things in my life that make me happy. Those little things that put a smile on your face. That show you that finding happiness even on the worst days is possible.
Over the years my blog has taken on a different focus. I’ve written more about my mental health and experiences of baby loss. But I’ve written fewer posts reminding myself about those wonderful happy moments that can pass you by.
I briefly wrote a post called Our Weekend Happy where I shared the mundane and joyful moments from our weekends. But I struggled to continue to write those posts and I worried that they just weren’t that interesting. I also wrote a number of posts called Because I’m Happy where I recapped the highlights of my month. It is this idea that I want to resurrect. And so that is what I’m doing under the new name Finding Happiness and Chasing Rainbows.
Happiness isn’t always easy to come by. Sometimes you have to work hard at finding your happiness. You have to search for happiness, chase after it and once you’ve found it then hold onto it. That is why I think it’s important for me to start writing about the moments in life that have brought a smile to my face.
Finding Happiness And Chasing Rainbows
This is what made me happy during September:
- Discovering that I am a finalist in the Inspire category of the Brilliance in Blogging Awards 2018.
- Beginning to embrace The Organised Mum Method and feeling a little more on top of the housework.
- Decluttering Little Miss H’s room and giving it a deep clean.
- Cuddling Little Mister H on the sofa and snoozing together.
- Watching the amazing Maniac on Netflix. I don’t have a clue what is going on but it is a fabulous programme.
- Enjoying the most fabulous weekend away with Mr H for our tenth wedding anniversary.
- Going on a 5-mile hike that ended in a pub lunch with the weekend papers.
- Celebrating being married to Mr H for ten wonderful years.
- Buying a beautiful French Connection dress to wear at my birthday party.
- Receiving a beautiful tin necklace from Mr H for our tenth wedding anniversary (tin is for ten).
- Going for a stroll in the woods with the children and picking blackberries.
- Making and eating homemade blackberry and apple crumble and custard.
- Watching Strictly Come Dancing with Little Miss H and Little Mister H.
- Looking out of our living room window and watching the leaves in the woods change colour.
- Wearing my lilac Strong Girls Club t-shirt from Mutha.Hood.
- Hearing Little Mister H say I love you.
- Seeing Little Miss H cope brilliantly with the transition to Year 1. And knowing how much she loves science and maths.
- Being given wonderful and very generous birthday presents including a watch, earrings, Champney’s spa vouchers. a Scamp and Dude badge and a necklace.
- Finding my true self, having an informal therapy session with Amanda (the founder of The Chapel) and having my hair cut and coloured at the stunning The Chapel in Tunbridge Wells.
- Turning 40 and loving it. I’m not old I’m just old-er.
- Having breakfast in bed on both mornings of my birthday weekend.
- Going to the beach and flying a kite on my birthday.
- Seeing Mr H go to so much trouble to organise the most perfect birthday party for me.
- Being surrounded by my friends and family at my 40th birthday party.
- Listening to both my mum and Mr H give the kindest speeches at my birthday party.
There were so many things that made me happy during September. I could go on and on and on. I hope you have all had a wonderful September. What made you happy during September?