Follow my blog with Bloglovin
The other week Becky from the fabulous 3 princesses and 1 dude tagged me on Instagram to take part in the 20 facts meme. What a brilliant way for me to share a little bit more about the lady behind the blog (or Instagram profile).
I decided then and there that I would share my 20 facts with you, dear reader. Also, as a special Brucie Bonus I am adding in another 5 facts for good measure:
1. My first name is Lucy (drum roll, please)!
|Pleased to meet you!|
2. I have sung backing vocals on albums that have been (and in some cases still are) sold on Amazon and iTunes.
3. I’ve never smoked in my life.
4. At school my favourite subjects were Classical Civilisation and Religious Studies and my least favourite was P.E. Clearly, I was a very cool kid who was hugely popular!
5. I once had a killer rabbit called Smokey. She murdered two of my other rabbits (R.I.P Loppy #1 and Loppy #2).
6. I have only been a bridesmaid once. In August of this year.
7. I met Mr H whilst on a day’s work experience in a fundraising office.
8. At university I got a first for an essay that I wrote on pornography.
9. I don’t have my ears pierced.
10. I hate spooky movies. Mr H and I once watched The Blair Witch Project together. I was so terrified that I made him stay awake all night long. I insisted that we have the lights on and that he talk to me continuously.
11. I studied Classical Civilisation and Ancient History at university.
12. I once did a week long Battlefield First Aid Course at a military base in Aldershot. If you ever have multiple shrapnel wounds in your stomach then I’m ya gal!
13. As a teenager I was obsessed with Take That. My bedroom walls were covered in almost a thousand pictures of them.
14. I found labour very painful but hugely empowering.
15. My first memory is of being terribly scalded whilst on holiday in France. I was three. I had to stay in a French hospital for a few days. I remember a nurse holding me up to the window so that I could wave goodbye to my parents.
16. I got so drunk the first time I met Mr H’s oldest friends that I threw up on them.
17. The next time I saw them I stuck an eye liner pencil in my eye. I had to go to hospital the next day because I had given myself an abrasion on my cornea.
18. The third time I saw them I fell off a curb and broke my wrist.
19. I used to act in school plays – I was always cast in male roles.
20. I once escorted Christopher Nolan (the director of “Batman Begins” and “Inception”) to the toilets and lost him there. There was only one exit. He did not exit through it. However, minutes later he appeared in another room. It was like a scene from one of his movies.
21. I failed my grade three piano exam.
22. I spent my 21st birthday watching La Boheme at the Sydney Opera House.
23. I spent my 30th birthday having a five course meal on a beach with Mr H. We were on our honeymoon in the Maldives. It was during the Maldivian elections and one of the political parties was holding a very raucous rally on the island opposite. It was an amusing juxtaposition.
24. One of the reasons Mr H loves me is because I am a bigger geek than he is.
P.P.S This post has been linked up to the Brilliant Blog Posts Linky over at Honest Mum and The List with You Baby Me Mummy and Mums’ Days.
P.P.P.S I have also linked up with #SundaysStars. This is a brand new linky that is being hosted by myself and a group of fabulous bloggers. This week’s linky is being hosted by the gorgeous Julia at Rainbeaubelle and the lovely Katie at Mami2five. Next Sunday, I will be sharing the hosting duties with Steph over at Diary of a Midlife Mummy. So do pop over and share your star posts of the week.