Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I think I must have been living under a rock for the past year. Until Sunday, I had never heard of Vogue’s “73 Questions” interview series. Thanks to my good friend Heledd who writes the gorgeous blog Running in Lavender for enlightening me.
Just in case, you’ve been living under a rock too, please let me enlighten you. “73 Questions” is a series of single shot videos with nine celebrities. In each video, these celebrities have to answer 73 random, quick-fire questions.
I have watched all the videos in the past two days. I LOVE them! They give a lovely insight into the daily lives and personalities of these famous celebrities.
Who knew that Victoria Beckham was so witty? Who knew that Anna Wintour wears sunglasses indoors? Who knew that Reese Witherspoon can do a back flip on a trampoline and that Blake Lively can ice cupcakes like a pro? And who knew that Amy Adams is the loveliest person ever? My new aim in life is to make her my BFF.
Inspired by these videos and Heledd’s fabulous post, I decided to tackle the 73 questions myself.
Drum roll please.
My 73 Questions
1. What’s your favourite movie?
“Lost in Translation”.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
4. A book you plan on reading?
“The Happiness Project” by Gretchin Rubin.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
“To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
“House of Cards”. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are amazing.
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Time to Change. A fabulous campaign designed to end the stigma and discrimination that is experienced every day by people with mental health problems.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Mr H’s macaroni cheese soufflé. He cooked it on the night we got engaged.
12. Least favourite food?
Goat’s cheese. Yuck. Yuck. Yuckety yuck.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Ham, mushrooms, sweetcorn and pineapple
14. Favourite drink?
Coca-cola. The full fat version. None of this diet rubbish!
15. Favourite dessert?
Lemon meringue pie
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Tea. The mere thought of coffee makes me feel sick.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
The lack of control.
19. What’s your favourite band?
The Divine Comedy.
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite song?
It is a tie between “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley and “Full of Grace” by Sarah McLachlan.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Mr H. But if he is too precious to work with me then I would love to duet with Emmylou Harris.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
On my left ankle.
25. To be or not to be?
To be. Most definitely to be.
26. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I have a cat allergy.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
My daughter, the gorgeous Little Miss H.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Three books for her to read on holiday.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Scene It. Because I have an insane knowledge of movies and always win.
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
A bath, a glass of wine and a good book.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
Yellow or orange roses.
45. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday. After Little Miss H had thrown a tantrum.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Not especially. It could be neater.
47. Do you bake?
Yes, but not as much as I’d like to.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My nose. It is huge.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
The family and friends that I don’t get to see as much as I would like.
51. What are you listening to right now?
The combination of “Lion King” on DVD and Little Miss H playing with her Mr Drum toy.
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
A good friend.
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
Any of them. I am hopeless at all sports.
56. Hair colour?
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
I can’t even watch the trailers for scary films because they give me nightmares. Give me a happy ending every time.
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Maya Angelou, Jennifer Lawrence and Caitlin Moran.
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
“The Green Mile” by Stephen King.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
“The Paper Dolls” by Julia Donaldson.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
She’s not green as she is cabbage looking.
70. Favourite sound?
My baby girl and husband giggling together.
71. Favourite animal?
A panda bear.
72. Who is your girl crush?
Amy Adams, purely from seeing how gorgeous she is in her “73 Questions” video.
73. Last photograph you took?
Little Miss H and I out in yesterday’s sunshine playing “I see you” with the buggy hood.
There you have it! I hope that you feel like you know me a little better now. I would love the following bloggers to take up the 73 questions challenge:
Katy from What Katy Said
Amy from Everything Mummy
Sarah from Extraordinary Chaos
Caro from The Twinkle Diaries
Katie from Life on Vista Street
Aby from You Baby Me Mummy
Will you take the challenge and answer 73 questions? I can’t wait to read all your answers.
Are there any other questions that you would have liked me to answer?