Last week was tough. Little Miss H had a very nasty sickness bug, which she eventually shared with me. It wasn’t pleasant. But we are now on the road to recovery.
And this afternoon has been hard. My emotions are all over the place at the moment and I often feel very tearful. To cheer myself up I think it is about time to write a new Because I’m happy post.
I always love these blog posts. They never fail to put a smile on my face and I am always amazed and delighted by the number of happy moments in my life.
Because I’m happy – December 2015
December and Christmas seem a long time ago now. We had a lovely (if sometimes stressful) month. We spent lots of time as a family going on days out. And we spent a wonderful Christmas day at my parent’s house. It was so fabulous to see Little Miss H play with all her cousins. They do adore each other.
I have produced a little video of some of our happy moments from December 2015. Please do have a look and let me know what you think. Also, the music in the video is an absolutely beautiful song called Every Star. It is written and performed by my gorgeous Mr H. With backing vocals provided by yours truly!
Because I’m happy – January 2016
- Sharing a number of lunch dates with my gorgeous little girl.
- Watching from the window as the snow falls.
- Discovering Gossip Girl on Netflix. I can’t believe I managed without it in my life for so long.
- Putting days aside every month throughout 2016 to go on family outings with my two favourite people.
- Buying fresh flowers and bringing a little sunshine into the house. I love daffodils. They never fail to cheer the dullest of days.
- Saying goodbye to 2015 and looking forward to 2016.
- Rediscovering the habit of spending an hour with my diary and notebooks on Sunday evening. I write to-do-lists for the week ahead, plan our meals, check our schedule and (for a while at least) I feel a little more organised.
- Drinking cups of hot chocolate and mini-marshmallows with Little Miss H.
- Going for Sunday brunch with Mr H and Little Miss H. We went to The Velo House and I had the yummiest cooked breakfast.
- Feeling myself again after 12 weeks of feeling frumpy and tired. Of course, a bright lipstick always helps.
- Watching Little Miss H and her daddy having jamming sessions on their guitars. Little Miss H’s Auntie B gave her an Early Learning Centre Rockstar Guitar for Christmas and she loves it. She is definitely a rockstar in the making and her daddy is so proud.
- Receiving my bird table from my parents. It was made for me by my Grampy when I was a child and I can’t wait to put it up in our garden.
- Listening to the wind and rain howl outside whilst knowing that we are all warm and safe indoors. Sometimes it is these small moments that make me realise how lucky we are and that we are so fortunate to have a roof over our heads.
- Sitting down and reading a good book. I have begun both Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying and Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. I haven’t got that far with either of them. But I am just happy that I have been able to sit down and read anything.
- Enjoying a fabulous day out with friends at Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest. Little Miss H and her twin besties had a great time discovering the ten different play parks.
- Seeing Little Miss H finally get to grips with the pink Mini Micro Scooter that we bought her for Christmas.
- Announcing that I am pregnant with our second rainbow baby who is due in July.
- Going shopping with Little Miss H and letting her pick her own outfit from GAP for me to buy. It wasn’t a complete disaster and there wasn’t a My Little Pony in sight (Little Miss H is the proud owner of My Little Pony tights and a My Little Pony onesie. The girl is obsessed).
- Baking lots of yummy goodies and making a mess in the kitchen. My mum’s recipe for chocolate fork biscuits are still a firm favourite.
- Spending my days going on adventures with this gorgeous girl. Sometimes I look at Little Miss H and her beauty takes my breathe away. I could spend hours staring at her perfect little face. Of course, I realise that I am biased.
What did you get up to in January? I would love to hear what made you happy last month.