I love taking Little Miss H out to play in the sunshine. And as a family, one of our favourite ways to spend a Saturday is to go and visit a local park, wood or stately home.
Even when the weather is cold or wet, we bundle ourselves into out warm coats and head out doors.
Time in the fresh air always blows away the cobwebs and puts us all in a better mood.
But to make sure that we can get out of the door, no matter what the weather, means appropriate clothing. I have the wellies, hats, scarves and gloves. Yet, I have been desperately looking for a coat that is waterproof, warm and stylish.
So when Trespass offered to send me a coat to review, I was thrilled. And hoped that I might finally find the perfect coat for our all-weather excursions.
I chose the Penrose Women’s Waterproof Parka Jacket in Shiraz (original price £112.99, sale price £37.99).
And it is indeed perfect.
I asked for size XL to accommodate my growing bump. And it fits brilliantly. Also, the coat has an adjustable hem and waist drawcords, so I know that it will still fit me next year. I am hoping to babywear Little Mister H and this coat will be brilliant at keeping my precious cargo warm next winter.
Six reasons Trespass’ Penrose Women’s Waterproof Parka Jacket is the perfect coat?
- This coat is so warm and toasty. It has been brilliant in the wintry weather that we have been having lately. In fact, On a very cold and windy day trip to Knole Park, I was the only person in our party who didn’t freeze. Instead, the coldheat padding kept me cosy throughout the day and the longer length of the coat meant that even my bottom and thighs were kept covered.
- I love the colour of this coat. I have a number of navy and grey coats and although I do like these classic colours, it is nice to have a coat that is a little different. The purple of this coat is gorgeous. And looks great with a navy scarf and jeans.
- The coat is lined with stylish and soft brushed checked fabric.
- The taped seams and waterproof fabric means that the coat kept me dry when we were hit by traditional British weather and the heavens opened.
- The adjustable hood with detachable faux fur lining gives an added layer of warmth and protection from the elements. It also makes me feel like an extra from Dr Zhivago.
- As a busy mum to a little girl, I am constantly carrying around hair clips, gloves, hats, my mobile phone, keys and money. Having a coat with lots of pockets is a must. The Penrose jacket has four pockets, including two zip pockets. So I know that all my belongings are safe and that Little Miss H’s toys have a spacious home if they should need them during our adventures.
At last, I have found the perfect coat for all our wintry excursions. Thank you so much to Trespass for sending it to me.
Disclaimer: I was sent this coat for the purpose of this review but all thoughts, opinions, words and images are entirely my own.