For Little Miss H’s second Christmas I compiled a list of activities for us to do during Advent. Last year I planned to do this again but unfortunately it did not happen. I was so anxious during my pregnancy that I wasn’t able to concentrate on anything else.
This year everything is different.
Little Mister H is almost five months old. Little Miss H is now at pre-school. And I am in a much better place. So once again I plan to do an activity a day with my children during Advent.
I thought I would share our list with you just in case you are looking for some inspiration of activities to do with your children on the run up to Christmas. (You can always pin this post so that you can come back to it on another day).
Our Advent 2016 Bucket List
1. Bake Christmas snow flecked brownies.
2. Make, write and post a letter to Father Christmas.
3. Buy the Christmas tree and decorate.
4. An early Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa.
5. Choose a present to give to a child for the Tunbridge Wells Mayor’s Christmas Toy Appeal. Wrap the present and take it to a donation station.
6. Make a den, snuggle up under blankets and read Christmas stories.
7. Make salt dough Christmas decorations.
8. Wrap Christmas presents with Mummy.
9. Make Christmas cards for the family.
10. Go into London to see the Christmas lights.
11. An early Christmas with Nanna, Grampy and Auntie B.
12. Go for a long walk in the woods. Come home for hot chocolate, a snuggle on the sofa and a Christmas movie.
13. Put on Christmas music and sing and dance by the Christmas tree.
14. Do a Christmas art and craft project.
15. Draw or paint a Christmas picture
16. Bake Winter Muffins.
17. Make Christmas paper chains.
18. Go for a wintry walk around Bedgebury National Pinetum.
19. Host a Christmas party for Little Miss H’s friends.
20. Make reindeer dust.
21. Attend the Preschool Christmas party.
22. Put on our PJs and have a picnic tea under the Christmas tree lights.
23. Bake Speculaas biscuits.
24. Unwrap our Christmas Eve box, sprinkle the reindeer dust and put out Christmas stockings and food for Father Christmas and Rudolph.
I will share photographs of us ticking off the activities on our Advent 2016 Bucket List on my Instagram account (@mrs_hs_fav_things). Please head over there and follow me so that you can join in on the fun.
Do you have any Christmas activities that you love to take part in every year?