Little Miss H adores Disney Princesses. I’m not entirely sure when or how it happened. But it did. And she could quite happily spend everyday dressed up as Belle or Sleeping Beauty. So I wasn’t surprised when she couldn’t contain her excitement when she saw that we’d received an Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset set to review.
“Mummy, please can I open my Disney Princess Aquabeads? Pllllleeeeaaasseee?”
This was something I heard quite often once Little Miss H had spied the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset. But I was waiting for the right time.
Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset – a review
Then one day in the first week of the summer holidays the perfect moment arrived. It was raining outside. Little Mister H was napping in his cot in his room. We’d had a busy morning out with friends. Little Miss H was tired. And she needed a quiet activity that was relaxing and that she could do independently.
It was time to open up the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset.
Unboxing the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset
“Hey you guys. Today we’ll be opening and playing with these amazing Disney Princess Aquabeads.”
Every time Little Miss H receives a new toy she adopts an American accent and begins to narrate her own YouTube video. And the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset was no exception. It’s very cute hearing her narrate exactly what she is doing. Even if it is only removing little bags of Aquabeads from the box.
What is included in the Disney Princess Playset?
The Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset includes:
- 2 Disney Princess template sheets – with a princess on both sides. This set includes everything you need to make Ariel (from The Little Mermaid), Belle (from Beauty and the Beast), Rapunzel (from Tangled) and Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty).
- All the Aquabeads needed to make up the 4 Disney Princesses listed above (although be warned there are enough beads to make only one of each princess. I’ve had to explain this to Little Miss H a few times, as she always wants to make Belle or Ariel).
- A bead palette and design tray. This is fantastic for storing the Aquabeads. It can be securely fastened and keeps the little shiny beads away from the hands of Little Mister H.
- A layout tray to use to create the Aquabead masterpiece.
- 1 sprayer.
- And 1 bead peeler. This is the first time that I have used a bead peeler but it is brilliant. It can be used after 10 minutes and gentle removes the Aquabeads from the layout tray.
The educational benefits of Aquabeads
I have to admit that before Little Miss H started playing with Aquabeads I was quite dubious. I thought that they were going to be a pain and wouldn’t actually be of much benefit to our princess.
While watching Little Miss H play with her Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset I’ve noticed that there are so many educational benefits to this simple toy:
1. It helps her dexterity as she picks up the tiny beads and places them on the layout tray.
2. Playing with the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset aids her concentration and focus. Little Miss H has to pay close attention to what she is doing to make sure that she is placing the beads in the right spot to create her favourite Disney Princess.
3. Little Miss H has to follow instructions to make sure that the beads are going in the correct place in the layout tray.
4. Following the template and placing the beads in the layout tray also encourages the development of hand and eye co-ordination.
5. Little Miss H has been able to practice counting and numbers while noticing how many beads of a certain colour are in a row on the template. And playing with this Aquabeads set has also helped with her pattern recognition.
6. Waiting for the Aquabeads to dry teaches patience. The completed picture needs to be left for an hour after it has been sprayed with water. If it is not left long enough then the picture can fall apart.
The perfect quiet time activity
Without doubt, my favourite aspect of the Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset is that it is a brilliant quiet time activity. And it seems especially designed for busy kids like Little Miss H.
Little Miss H rarely has quiet time or takes a moment to relax. And this often worries me as she is normally on the go from 06:00 until her bedtime at 19:00.
Playing with Aquabeads allows Little Miss to spend some time calmly completing an activity. She sits quietly and is able to focus on the task in front of her.
It also allows me to put my feet up with a cuppa for a minute or two.
Does your child like to play with Aquabeads? Do you have any other quiet time activities that you like to do? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.
The Aquabeads Disney Princess Playset was sent to us for the purpose of this review. However as always, all words, opinions and photographs are my own.