Last month, I decided that I needed to restart writing about the happy moments in my life and share the times that bring me joy and put a smile on my face. So Finding Happiness And Chasing Rainbows was born.
Happiness isn’t always easy to come by. Sometimes you have to work hard at finding your happiness. You have to search for happiness, chase after it and once you’ve found it then hold onto it. That is why I think it’s important to write about the moments in life that have brought a smile to my face.
Finding Happiness And Chasing Rainbows
This is what made me happy during October:
- Going for a day out in London with my best friend.
- Seeing a fabulous production of Company, my favourite musical, which was absolutely brilliant.
- Reading this month’s Bookish Mamas book and loving it. It was The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter, and I was worried that I would hate it as I dislike thrillers.
- Leading a fantastic Facebook live on September’s Bookish Mamas book The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.
- Tidying our bedroom.
- Having an impromptu holiday in the Cotswolds with my parents and the family during half term.
- Running as the sunrises over the Cotswolds Water Park.
- Staying in a stunning house in the Cotswolds Water Park during our holiday in the Cotswolds.
- Seeing my brother and his family.
- Having perfect sunny weather while we were away.
- Seeing the children splash joyfully in Welly Boot Land at WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
- Spending a whole day and evening with Mr H, while Grandma and Grandpa looked after the children.
- Laughing at the brilliant film Venom.
- Taking a week off the blog and social media and rediscovering my love for it.
- Collecting conkers and pretty coloured leaves with the children while on a day trip to Westonbirt Arboretum.
- Hearing Little Mister H saying his and his sister’s names for the first time.
- Watching Little Mister H take his first trip on a zip wire.
- Seeing how happy and proud Little Miss H was to lose her two front teeth. She was thrilled that the tooth fairy came to visit twice.
- Beginning to use The Happy Planner and Happy Notes to plan my life and become more organised.
- Buying myself a bunch of yellow roses because they were the exact colour of sunshine.
- Beginning to make plans for Christmas – including booking to see Santa Claus.
- Having an amazing massage and manicure at Champneys City Spa in Tunbridge Wells.
- Picking pumpkins with the family.
- Taking the children trick or treating. Little Mister H was so excited.
- Wearing dangly earrings for the first time in my life.
There were so many things that made me happy during October. I could go on and on and on. I hope you have all had a wonderful October. What made you happy during October?