I was tagged by the lovely Lauren at Scrapbook Blog to share My Top Seven of 2018. So as I sit and watch the last episode of You on Netflix (have you seen it? It is good, right!) I thought I would share with you some of my highlights of 2018. You can read Lauren’s post about her highlights here.
My 7 Favourite Posts From 2018
I struggle with the word favourite. When you write posts that are designed to be a form of therapy or that are aimed at moving people then it is hard to love them. But I’m proud of them. So here are 7 posts that either I loved writing or that I’m proud of:
I started last year by writing about my goals and aims for the year ahead. It was a post that was inspired by one of Gretchen Rubin’s podcast.
I’m still really proud of this post declaring all mothers are created equal. We all go through the same anxieties and issues and we should be there to support one another.
This post reminds me of the fabulous day that we spent on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship, The Independence of the Seas. It was an amazing day and I’m so grateful to this blog for making it happen.
September 2018 was an amazing month. The month of our 10th wedding anniversary and my 40th birthday. There are many happy memories and this post
This is one of the most important posts I’ve ever written. There is so little information about what it is actually like to have a missed miscarriage medically managed. And I thought it was right that I share my story to help more women know what they could experience. You can read my experience of being diagnosed with a missed miscarriage here.
This is a companion piece to my post 39 Life Lessons For 39 Years. Including being kinder to myself and saying no, it is a list of lessons that I thought I would have learnt by 40.
A post about the self-loathing that I’ve struggled with throughout my life. And how I’m learning to like myself as I get older.
7 Things I Loved Most About 2018
Although I suffered from a quite dramatic relapse in my depression and anxiety in 2018, it was a wonderful year. There
1. Going to see Hamilton The Musical with my best friend at the beginning of January.
2. Being surrounded by my friends and family at my 40th birthday party. Mr H had organised everything and it was the most perfect party.
3. Spending a wonderful weekend in the New Forest with Mr H celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.
4. Going to my first ever festival. The fantastic Elderflower Fields Festival with Little Miss H and Auntie B (and Conker the class bear came too).
5. Flying a kite for the first time on Camber Sands beach on my 40th birthday.
6. Being a finalist in the Inspire category of the Brilliance in Blogging awards.
7. Having afternoon tea at the National Portrait Gallery restaurant with some of my blogging friends.
7 Things You Are Looking Forward To In 2019
1. In a few weeks time, I’m going to afternoon tea with my best friend at the Langham Hotel in London.
2. Seeing Take That for the first time since I was a teenager.
3. Going to the Elderflower Fields Festival again with Little Miss H and Auntie B.
4. All the days out that we have planned with the family.
5. Spending a day in London for Mr H’s 40th birthday.
6. Going away with Mr H for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
7. In August, we are going on our first cruise. We’re going with my family to celebrate my parent’s Golden Wedding Anniversary. And we’re going to visit the stunning Norwegian Fjords. Little Miss H is very excited not only because she’ll be spending a whole week with her cousins but also because she’ll be visiting her first foreign country.
You can read more about my goals, aims and plans for 2019 in my post 19 Goals For 2019.
I now tag anyone else who wants to share their highlights from 2018.
What were your highlights from 2018?