I can’t believe that it has been so long since I shared one of my Because I’m happy posts. How remiss of me! Sorry.
The past few weeks have mostly been about settling in to our new home in Tunbridge Wells. I love it here but I do miss my friends back in Medway. When we lived in Rochester, I saw one of the yummy mummies most days during the week. It seems odd not having them right down the road.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s crack on with what has made me happy in the last few weeks of September.
Because I’m happy – The last weeks of September
- Making new friends who live just down the road and who have children of a similar age to Little Miss H.
- Having a date night at the Giggling Squid with Mr H for our 7th wedding anniversary.
- Little Miss H finally getting “please” and “thank you” (most of the time).
- Going for long walks in the wood around the corner and hunting for trolls, lions and tigers. Plus the odd squirrel and a Gruffalo.
- Being visited by some of the Medway yummy mummies and their lovely toddlers.
- Having my mum and dad over to stay and start work on our garden.
- Putting up new furniture including a sofa, a wardrobe and some fabulous IKEA storage.
- Discovering the fabulous shops in Tunbridge Wells. Hello Joules, JoJo Maman Bebe, Toddler GAP and Fenwick. Goodbye numerous hours spent purchasing lovely goodies.
- Turning the grand old age of 37. Woo hoo! Birthdays are always something to celebrate.
- Receiving a gorgeous necklace and a hand drawn picture of a wobbly fish as my birthday presents from Mr H and Little Miss H.
- Eating lots of birthday cake.
- Being able to spend birthday money on some lovely new clothes.
- Finding some new toddler groups to attend.
- Little Miss H sleeping through the night in her big bed.
- Walking in the sunshine with Little Miss H to have a birthday lunch with my best mate and her two daughters.
- Having lunch at a fabulous little cafe in Tunbridge Wells whilst Little Miss H snoozed. Davina McCall was also in the cafe. As she is someone I admire hugely I plumped up the courage to talk to her and got a huge hug in return.
- Heading into London to go to a Mother’s Meeting event. The weather was so beautiful that I decided to walk along the river.
- Hearing Little Miss H ask for a sticker of a ‘baby orange shark wearing a pretty dress’ if she uses her potty successfully. I don’t think even Amazon is going to help me with that one.
- Watching the new season of Once Upon A Time on Netflix. Oh, Captain Hook, I have missed you.
- Catching up with old school friends on the phone.
- Watching Little Miss H play in a large sand pit in a park up the road from us. Even though the weather was horrible she still had lots of fun and made a great deal of mess.
These are now my favourite posts to write. They remind me that happiness can be found in all the ordinary moments of life. I just need to cherish those moments. And look for them at every opportunity.
What ordinary moments in life make you happy?