When I was pregnant with Little Miss H I refused to buy an expensive maternity or nursing bra. I foolishly decided that it wasn’t worth investing in a good quality bra as I would only be wearing it for a few months. How stupid! Most of that pregnancy was spent wearing bras that were ill-fitting, looked terrible and weren’t supportive of my huge and tender breasts.
When I became pregnant with Little Mister H I decided that it was important to invest in some quality maternity bras. But I didn’t have a clue what to buy.
This bra was an essential part of my hospital bag. Breasts go through a great deal of change after you have had a baby and it is really important that you wear a bra that will support and protect them.
Bravado Body Silk Seamless Yoga Nursing Bra
This is the best maternity/ nursing bra that I have ever worn. And I wish I had discovered it when I was pregnant with Little Miss H.
Although I did pack it in my hospital bag, I secretly started to wear the bra a few weeks before Little Mister H made an appearance.
And the bra made such a difference to how I felt about myself in those last few weeks of pregnancy.
Not only did my cleavage look better with the extra support from the bra but my breasts were much more comfortable.
Why I love Bravado’s Body Silk Seamless Yoga Nursing Bra
1. This bra is the most comfortable bra ever. It was very hot towards the end of my pregnancy and for the first few weeks after Little Mister H was born. The heat led to my boobs becoming very itchy and sore. But the softness of the material in this bra instantly soothed the sensitivity. Also, the bra is seamless and doesn’t have a wire and so it didn’t cause any further irritation.
2. The removable foam inserts are, in my opinion, the best thing about the Bravado nursing bra. These inserts help to give a lovely shape. And they preserve the dignity of all those pregnant women who get enlarged nipples and still want to wear thin tops.
3. Silverbreeze™ technology prevents the growth of odour causing bacteria to build up. This is a brilliant feature as I experienced many night sweats as my milk was coming in and was grateful that my bra still felt clean and fresh the next day.
4. The clips on the bra can easily by opened with one hand. This is very useful. Most mums will know that once the baby is born you have to do every job one handed. But the clips are also sturdy enough so that the front of the bra does not drop down at inappropriate times. (This did happen to me after Little Miss H was born. It is embarrassing to be out in public when your bra flaps open underneath your shirt.)
5. The bra cups can be fully opened which makes it easy to have full skin to skin contact with your baby. Perfect for bonding and helping to establish feeding.
6. Once you have finished nursing, you can convert the bra so that it can be worn every day. Each bra comes with its own converter kit and easy to follow instructions. I managed to convert mine in less than 5 minutes.
7. This bra can be worn for low impact workouts. And I have been wearing it for my post natal exercises and yoga. The straps can be worn in a criss-cross design at the back to give added support and a more sporty style.
The only thing I didn’t like about the Bravado Body Silk Seamless Yoga Nursing Bra are the colours available. I chose the Charcoal Heather bra, which you can see in the photographs. The other option was a pink shade called Pink Heather. I would have preferred the choice of a black, white or nude bra. But these shades do give the bra a sporty look.
If you are looking for a maternity or nursing bra then I would recommend Bravado’s Body Silk Yoga Nursing Bra. It is soft, comfy and supportive. Also, as it is a nursing, maternity, sports and a non-wired bra suitable for everyday it is excellent value for money and a fantastic purchase for any pregnant lady.
Have you ever worn Bravado bras when pregnant or nursing? Would you recommend them?
Disclaimer: I was sent the Bravado Body Silk Yoga Nursing Bra for the purpose of this post. As always all words, photographs and opinions are my own and I will only write about products that I love and I am happy to recommend.