“The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”
The past few months have been tough. Yet I’ve entered 2018 with a new and positive outlook. I’ve set myself some goals and I’m looking forward to the year ahead.
Like most people, I’m constantly in the pursuit of happiness. I want my life to be filled with experiences and moments that make me happy. But recently I’ve realised that happiness doesn’t come in the big sweeping moments in life. It’s the little details of daily life that bring joy and happiness. And to be truly happy I need to spend time noticing these little details.
Back in April 2015, I posted a list of 50 things that make me happy. And now seems the right time to add to this list. Because I may suffer from chronic depression but I can still be truly happy. So here are 50 more things that make me happy.
50 MORE things that make me happy
1. Our monthly family adventures to explore new places.
2. Hearing Little Mister H and Little Miss H giggling together.
3. Baking with Little Miss H.
4. Hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream (even better with a Flake too).
5. Discovering a good box set to watch on TV.
6. Dancing with Little Miss H to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry songs.
7. Blue sky and sunshine on a winter’s day.
8. Rereading one of my favourite books.
9. Seeing how much Little Miss H loves going to school.
10. Watching Little Miss H develop into a kind, clever, funny and generally awesome little girl.
11. The view from our living room window.
12. Enjoying a meal and a glass of prosecco with a group of fabulous girl friends.
13. Hugs from Mr H.
14. Dressing my children in brightly coloured clothes.
15. Hearing one of my favourite songs on the radio.
16. Reading bedtime stories to Little Miss H.
17. Beautiful sunsets.
18. Walking through bluebells in the woods.
19. Remembering the day our children met for the first time.
20. Finding the perfect pair of jeans.
21. Bath time. Mr H sings and plays his guitar. Little Miss H sings along to the songs that he plays. And Little Mister H giggles.
22. A bouquet of bright flowers.
23. The moment Mr H walks into the house. Life is always better when he is next to me.
24. Kisses from our baby boy.
25. Hearing Little Miss H tell me she loves me.
26. Watching Little Miss H and Little Mister H say goodnight to each other. The cutest thing ever.
27. Making a den in our living room.
28. Pyjama days.
29. Taking a trip to London.
30. Our little boy’s smile.
31. Taking the perfect photograph of one of our children.
32. Having a picnic on a Summer’s day.
33. Strawberry ice cream.
34. Going on a bear hunt with our children in the woods.
35. Hearing the pitter-patter of Little Mister H’s footsteps as he runs in our hall.
36. Meeting one of my online blogging buddies in person.
37. Going swimming with Little Mister H.
38. Colouring in with Little Miss H.
39. The photo book of our wedding and honeymoon photographs.
40. Hand sewing.
41. Our fabulous family of four.
42. Fresh air.
43. Watching Labyrinth the movie at Christmas.
44. Finding the perfect shade of lipstick.
45. Having my hair cut and coloured.
46. Knowing that my family are healthy and happy.
47. Witnessing acts of kindness.
49. Organising my life with my bullet journal and Happy Planner.
50. Writing a list of things that make me happy.
What little details in life make you smile? What would you include on your list?